I'm a Running Man
- Feel free to invite The Soaker for uplifting music hour
- All Concerts are Free
- Worship group teaching( Free Work book included Called "The Fountain."
- Soaking Prayer meeting and worship music.
- Ask for Free demo cd of the music
Psalms and Hymns and Spiritual Songs: "Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make melody in your heart to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:19 NKJV).
Rehearsed Music: "Those who were musicians, heads of Levite families, stayed in the rooms of the temple and were exempt from other duties because they were responsible for the work day and night." (I Chronicles 9:33 NIV)
Spontaneous Music: "Break forth and sing for joy and sing praises."(Psalm 98:4 NASB).
New Songs: "Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise in the assembly of the saints." (Psalm 149:1 NIV).
Singing with Understanding and Singing in the Spirit: "I will sing with the spirit and I will also sing with the understanding." (I Corinthians 14:15 NKJV).
Solos: "I will sing praises to Your name." (II Samuel 22:50 NKJV).
Choirs: "The two choirs that gave thanks then took their places in the house of God." (Nehemiah 12:40 NIV)
Instruments: "The Levites were appointed as singers, with instruments of music, harps, lyres, loud-sounding cymbal, to raise sounds of joy." (I Chronicles 15:16 NASB)
John 4:24 exhorts mankind to worship God in spirit (human spirits connecting with His Spirit) and in Truth (using His Word as a guideline). Throughout the Old and New Testament there are multiple references regarding acceptable ways to honor God. In particular, the book of Psalms is the most comprehensive guideline to honoring Him through music.
(See also MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT, DAVID AND HIS HARP, WORSHIP AS WARFARE PART 1,2,3)
Written by: Connie Ruth Christiansen
- • Run in Battle/warfare—Run with a troop (NAS) Psalm 18:29
- • Run in obedience and rejoicing—I run in the path of your commands because you have set my heart free Psalm 119:32
- • Run in the strength of the Lord—When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Proverbs 4:12
- But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
- • Run into His name— The name of the Lord is a strong tower. The righteous run into it and they are safe. Proverbs 18:10
- • Run after the Bridegroom— Draw me away! We will run after you. Song of Solomon 1:4
- • Run for the nations— Surely you shall call a nation you do not know, And nations who do not know you shall run to you, Because of the LORD your God, And the Holy One of Israel; For He has glorified you. Is 55:5 (NKJV)
- He will lift up a banner to the nations from afar, And will whistle to them from the end of the earth; Surely they shall come with speed, swiftly. Is. 5:26
- • Run with a vision or a message—the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it." Hab 2:2
- the angel who was speaking to me left, and another angel came to meet him and said to him: "Run, tell that young man, ‘Jerusalem will be a city without walls because of the great number of men and livestock in it. Zech. 2:3-4
- • Run with a goal and with integrity—…in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Cor 9:24
- • Run with endurance—Running the race with endurance. Heb 12:1
- • Run to worship Him— Mark 5:6, Mark 9:15, Mark 10:17